Spy Hop has used data from the CDC and the Utah Health Department along with input from our staff and board to create our COVID-19 policies. These are the standards and expectations we agree to uphold, support, follow, encourage, and expect for ourselves and our students. We will hold ourselves and each other accountable to the following guidelines. We care about each other and our community, this is our commitment to do our best for the safety of everyone as we manage this pandemic together.
We will continue to make data-driven decisions and update our policies and plans accordingly.
- Masks! We are a “masked facility.” Masks, covering the nose and mouth, are worn at all times while at Spy Hop.
- Symptoms? If a student or anyone in the student’s family has COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home. This goes for staff as well.
- Social distancing. The Kahlert Youth Media Arts Center is a beautiful new facility that allows for 6’ distancing between students and staff while in classrooms and enjoying shared and common spaces.
- Sign in & out. All students, staff, and scheduled visitors to Spy Hop must sign in and out at the front desk using legible writing.
- Hands. Wash them often and/or use hand sanitizer. Shared equipment such as cameras or keyboards will be sanitized regularly by Spy Hop staff.
- Stop to eat. All food and drinks are to be consumed while stationary. Spy Hop has two kitchens/breakrooms to allow for students to eat and maintain space. Students will not share food and drinks.
- Disinfectant. Our facility is sanitized regularly, focusing on classrooms and shared spaces.
- Visitors to the building. We will not allow unscheduled visits to Spy Hop. Any parent/guardian will need to make prior arrangements and schedule a visit to tour the space.
- Rapid Testing. Spy Hop staff will undergo weekly COVID-19 rapid testing.