Spy Hop has used data from the CDC and the Utah Health Department along with input from our staff and board to create our COVID-19 policies. These are the standards and expectations we agree to uphold, support, follow, encourage, and expect for ourselves and our students. We will hold ourselves and each other accountable to the following guidelines. We care about each other and our community, this is our commitment to do our best for the safety of everyone as we manage this pandemic together.
We will continue to make data-driven decisions and update our policies and plans accordingly.
- Masks! We are a “masked facility.” Masks, covering the nose and mouth, are worn at all times while at Spy Hop.
- Symptoms? If a student or anyone in the student’s family has COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home. This goes for staff as well.
- Inform! We ask that you inform Spy Hop staff (mentor or administrative staff) of your vaccination status (if enrolled in a class), possible COVID-19 exposure, or a positive COVID-19 test.
- Social distancing. The Kahlert Youth Media Arts Center is a beautiful new facility that allows for 6’ distancing between students and staff while in classrooms and enjoying shared and common spaces.
- Sign in & out. All students, staff, and scheduled visitors to Spy Hop must sign in and out at the front desk using legible writing.
- Hands. Wash them often and/or use hand sanitizer. Shared equipment such as cameras or keyboards will be sanitized regularly by Spy Hop staff.
- Stop to eat. All food and drinks are to be consumed while stationary. Spy Hop has two kitchens/breakrooms to allow for students to eat and maintain space. Students will not share food and drinks.
- Disinfectant. Our facility is sanitized regularly, focusing on classrooms and shared spaces.
- Rapid Testing. Spy Hop staff will undergo weekly COVID-19 rapid testing.
Exposure/Positive Test Procedure
If a staff member or student tests positive for COVID-19, or has a possible exposure please see Spy Hop’s Exposure Procedure for information regarding the next steps.