Tell stories that inspire
Spy Hop is looking for young filmmakers to create content for Watch This!, our web channel that focuses on addressing social issues and topics that are relevant to you. If politics, religion, education, the environment, and art get you fired up, then join Watch This! and create short films that express your opinion on these topics and more. Don’t just join the conversation, start one!
Watch This! is offered two times per year. The next Watch This! class will begin in January 2022.
What Happens in this Class:
- Write and conceptualize ideas around relevant topics.
- Pitch an idea for a short segment : Video essay, Personal narrative, Experimental, Fiction, Documentary, Hybrid, etc.
- Direct, produce and shoot your piece.
- Use advanced equipment to achieve your creative vision.
- Learn editing techniques and Color grading .
- Make short films in a quick paced environment.
- Premiere your film online.
Access to Gear and Technology Matters
We believe that access to high-quality gear, technology, and equipment should not be a barrier to being an active participant in your community. Spy Hop provides professional gear and software for all participating students in classes at the Kahlert Youth Media Art Center. Professional gear is available to rent for FREE for students who may need to use gear and equipment outside of class time for assignments and special projects.