Become a design apprentice and learn the ins and outs of what it takes to make graphic design and/or animation your career! With hands-on projects and real-world experience your time as an apprentice will leave you with a professional portfolio and a clear path for next steps to make your passion your profession.
Students are expected to complete all online classes and offline projects in order to earn a stipend.
What happens in this class:
- Learn the steps to solving design challenges using Design Thinking.
- Learn software to make cool design projects.
- Complete projects, filling your portfolio.
- Community Client Project – Support your community by creating design work for local non- profits. Learn to work with clients, set timelines, collaborate with a design team and work independently.
- Build a portfolio, resume, and social media presence to establish yourself as a working artist. Work with online web building programs to help put your best foot forward in the artistic world.
Need gear for this program? Check out free gear rental options!