PitchNic is Spy Hop’s top-tier program for young filmmakers. Throughout the course of this 12-month film intensive, you and your crew will tap into the creative muse to write scripts, pitch ideas, shoot and edit 2 short films. Then, you’ll premier your finished films for a live audience at a culminating red carpet celebration. If you’re passionate about filmmaking, want to take your creative skills to the next level, and have a story to tell PitchNic is for you!
What Happens In This Class:
- Develop a short fiction and non-fiction film idea
- Write an original screenplay or documentary treatment
- Create a look book and a pitch
- Pitch your film to a panel of industry professionals
- Go through the steps of pre-production, production and post-production
- Learn documentary filmmaking strategies including research, interviewing, observational filmmaking, b-roll, recreations, voiceover, and archival material
- Learn how to use professional Cinema Cameras (RED, Black Magic Pocket Cinema)
- Learn about the roles on set: Producer, Director, Writer, Production Designer or Cinematographer.
- Consider and discuss the ethics, limitations, and possibilities of documentary filmmaking
- Understand how to use light for film.
- Learn professional-level post-production skills using Adobe Premiere Pro and Davinci Resolve.
This class requires an Interview Session with the teaching mentor prior to being accepted into the class. The Interview Session is simply a way for the mentor and student to get to know each other and to assess interests, skill level, and set expectations for the program. Prospective students will be notified prior to the start of class of their acceptance into the program. The teaching mentor for PitchNic will contact prospective students directly to schedule interviews.
Fall 2021 Interview Session Dates for PitchNic: October 4 & 6