Historically, the term “woodshedding was a term used by jazz musicians to describe time spent alone honing musical skills. In this online music program, you will learn the basics of songwriting with an emphasis on the creative process, performance and recording demos in a supportive online group environment. This workshop will focus on writing in key, lyrics, song arrangement, singing, melody and rhythm. At the end of the workshop, you’ll perform you songs in a online showcase hosted by Spy Hop!
What happens in this class:
- Write original songs
- Learn about keys, chords and song structure
- Learn how to write lyrics
- Learn how to sing and formulate melody
- Record your own demos to share on social media
- Online performance at the end of class