2021 Summer Camps
Project-based camps focused on creativity, self-expression, and fun!
Spy Hop’s summer camps provide full-day workshop-stye experiences that are jam-packed with opportunities for learning and creative self-expression for kids ages 9 to 14.
Spy Hop Summer Camps June 7 – August 13
- Registration opens March 1, 2021
- Weekly camps – limit 8 campers per session
- 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (early drop-off available at 8:30 am)
- Weekly tuition: $315 (tuition assistance is available)
For 2021, summer camps have been re-imagined to keep staff and students safe and limit the community spread of COVID-19. Our camps will be in person! Camps are limited to 8 students per camp and will be held at Spy Hop’s new state-of-the-art Kahlert Youth Media Arts Center in downtown Salt Lake City. Facemasks will be required of all campers and staff. Campers will remain with their pod for the week and be given ample space to socially distance themselves while still having fun – Spy Hop style!
Spy Hop will continue to monitor the information shared in regard to COVID-19 mitigation policies and update our protocols and plans accordingly. Please see below for Spy Hop’s specific COVID-19 guidelines as well as our general summer camp policies. We know change is inevitable, therefore we promise to communicate all updates and changes made to our policies by posting them to the website and emailing updates to registered families.
We look forward to a great summer full of STEM-based creativity, learning and fun!
Spy Hop Summer Camp COVID-19 Policies
Spy Hop has used data from the CDC and the Utah Health Department along with input from our staff and board to create our COVID-19 policies. These are the standards and expectations we agree to uphold, support, follow, encourage, and expect for ourselves and our students. We will hold ourselves and each other accountable to the following guidelines. We care about each other and our community, this is our commitment to do our best for the safety of everyone as we manage this pandemic together.
We will continue to make data-driven decisions and update our policies and plans accordingly.
- Masks! We are a “masked facility.” Masks, covering nose and mouth, are worn at all times while at Spy Hop.
- Symptoms? If your camper, or anyone in your family has COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home. This goes for staff and students.
- Social distancing. The Kahlert Youth Media Arts Center is a beautiful new facility that allows for 6’ distancing between students and staff while in classrooms, eating lunches and snacks.
- Hands. Wash them often and/or use hand sanitizer. Shared equipment such as cameras or keyboards will be sanitized regularly by Spy Hop staff.
- Stop to eat. All food and drinks are to be consumed while stationary. Spy Hop has two lunch spaces to allow for students to eat and maintain space. Students will not share food and drinks.
- Disinfectant. Our facility is sanitized regularly, focusing on classrooms and shared spaces.
- Visitors to the building. We will not allow unscheduled visits to Spy Hop. Any parent/guardian will need to make prior arrangements and schedule a visit to tour the space.
- Cancellation. If Spy Hop is forced to close due to COVID-19 either by state-mandated closures or if a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, Spy Hop will cancel camp and offer a prorated refund to all campers registered for that week’s camp.
Please review all of Spy Hop’s summer camp policies by using the link below.