Make your passion your profession.
Become a Spy Hop apprentice to get the skills you need to get the job you want! By becoming a film, design, audio, or music promotion apprentice, you can work on client and personal projects to strengthen your skills and build your portfolio. Jobs such as social media content producer, game designer, concert/music producer, graphic designer, video content producer, audio engineer, or sound designer are all career paths available to you to pursue through higher education or direct apprenticeship to job pipelines.
Spy Hop apprentices earn a stipend for their work; completion of assigned projects is required to receive the $200 stipend.
About the Apprenticeship Program:
- Participation is free!
- Capacity: 10 to 12 students per apprenticeship.
- The Apprenticeship Program is offered three times per year: fall, spring, and summer, with enrollment opening during the season prior to the start of each apprenticeship session.
- The Apprenticeship Program is intended for intermediate to advanced students and will work at a fast pace. Prior participation in a Spy Hop Foundational class is recommended but not required.
- Apprentices are required to attend class 2 days a week (2-hour classes) and often require additional out-of-class time to complete projects.
- The Apprenticeship Program mimics the expectations of an employer/employee relationship. Like a job, an interview is required before being accepted into the program. See below for tips on the registration process.
- Students participating in the Apprenticeship Program are expected to complete all projects in order to earn a stipend.
Tips on the Application Process:
- Explore the Apprenticeship class options, noting recommended ages, the schedule, and the level of commitment required.
- Complete the registration form a few weeks prior to the start of class.
- Sign up for an interview with the Spy Hop artist mentor. The artist mentor will confirm your enrollment after the interview process.
Questions? Call Spy Hop 801-532-7500 or email email@example.com
Read about Spy Hop’s approach to afterschool programming and creating a welcoming, inclusive and safe environment for all students.