Make your film
If you love filmmaking and you’re ready to take your skills to a bigger screen, PitchNic is for you. Spend 12 months with other passionate, driven, creative teens to write, shoot, and edit a short film. Develop your idea, pitch your film to a panel, spend a week in production, and then screen your finished film at a world premiere complete with a VIP party and audience Q&A.
PitchNic is an intensive year-long program. Registration for prospective students typically opens in the summer. Interested students will participate in an interview process prior to acceptance into the program. PitchNic begins meeting as a class in October of each year.
What happens in this class:
- Learn how to make independent films from pitching, fundraising, production and distribution
- Work on either a fiction or nonfiction idea with a group of peers for over a year
- Create original screenplays
- Work with high end equipment like the Black Magic Cinema Cameras and the RED
- Show your film to large audiences at a red carpet premiere and be a part of a Q&A and panel
Access to Gear and Technology Matters
We believe that access to high-quality gear, technology, and equipment should not be a barrier to being an active participant in your community. Spy Hop provides professional gear and software for all participating students in classes at the Kahlert Youth Media Art Center. Professional gear is available to rent for FREE for students who may need to use gear and equipment outside of class time for assignments and special projects.