Spy Hop’s most advanced filmmaking course, PitchNic serves as a year-long intensive for young filmmakers who are ready to collaborate with like-minded artists and take their skills to the next level. If you are looking for a place to both uplift and challenge your filmmaking skills, PitchNic is the place for you. In this course, you, along with your classmates, will create four short films, two fiction, and two nonfiction–taking them through all of the stages of production: idea conceptualization, screenwriting, writing treatments, pitching, producing, shooting, editing, and more! This course is a great opportunity to prepare for professional filmmaking experience with professional cinema cameras and gear. PitchNic ends with a red carpet film premiere!
What happens in this class:
- Develop a short fiction and non-fiction film idea
- Write an original screenplay or documentary treatment
- Create a look book and a pitch
- Pitch your film to a panel of industry professionals
- Go through the steps of pre-production, production and post-production
- Learn documentary filmmaking strategies including research, interviewing, observational filmmaking, b-roll, recreations, voiceover, and archival material
- Learn how to use professional Cinema Cameras (RED, Black Magic Pocket Cinema)
- Learn about the roles on set: Producer, Director, Writer, Production Designer or Cinematographer
- Consider and discuss the ethics, limitations, and possibilities of documentary filmmaking
- Understand how to use light for film
- Learn professional-level post-production skills using Adobe Premiere Pro and Davinci Resolve
This class requires an Interview Session with the teaching mentor prior to being accepted into the class. The Interview Session is simply a way for the mentor and student to get to know each other and to assess interests, skill level, and set expectations for the program. Prospective students will be notified prior to the start of class of their acceptance into the program. The teaching mentor for PitchNic will contact prospective students directly within 2 weeks of receiving your registration form to schedule interviews.