Build Professional Mastery
Take the ultimate creative journey and enroll in one of Spy Hop’s Capstone classes, where imagination knows no bounds. Whether you’ve always wanted to make a short film, host your own radio show on KRCL 90.9 FM, be in a rock band or hip-hop group, or build your own video game from scratch, Spy Hop’s Capstone classes give you the opportunity to join a group of like-minded peers to work together to harness the power of storytelling through the mediums of film, music, audio or design. Capstone classes are intensive, lasting anywhere from 10 to 12 months, and require a serious commitment to the program and the creative process.
About the Capstone Program:
- Participation is free!
- Capacity: 10 students per capstone class.
- Enrollment for Capstone classes is open annually, with registration opening late summer. Most Capstone classes begin in the fall, ending late summer the following year.
- Capstone classes are intended for students who are ready for an intensive and immersive experience in their chosen medium. Prior participation in a Spy Hop Foundational class is recommended but not required.
- Classes are held twice per week over the duration of the school year and often require additional out-of-class time.
- All Capstone classes culminate in a community celebration to share the collaborative final projects with friends, family, and our community.
- An audition or interview with the artist mentor is required before a student is accepted into the program. See below for tips on the application process.
Tips on the Application Process:
- Explore the Capstone class options, noting recommended ages, the schedule, and the level of commitment required.
- Complete the registration form a few weeks prior to the start of class.
- Sign up for either an interview or audition with the Spy Hop artist mentor. Interviews/auditions are part of the Capstone experience and are helpful in determining skills, interests, and commitment to the program.
- The artist mentor will confirm your enrollment after the interview or audition process.