Utah’s only weekly, youth-produced radio show, Loud & Clear Youth Radio, is looking for a new crew! Host your own radio show, play the music you want to hear, and talk about the issues that are important to you every Saturday night on 90.9 FM KRCL. Become a “Loudie” and learn everything you need to be an amazing teen DJ! Be the mouthpiece for Salt Lake City’s youth!
What happens in this class:
- Learn and understand the fundamentals of a community radio station and its role in Salt Lake City
- Learn the fundamentals of DJing and creating playlists
- Learn the fundamentals of Adobe Audition to record and edit short radio pieces
- Work with other teens to create content and select music for the weekly show
- Share opinions and topics that matter to you and to other teens along the Wasatch Front
- Learn how to write and edit compelling audio stories
This class requires an Interview Session with the teaching mentor prior to being accepted into the class. The Interview Session is simply a way for the mentor and student to get to know each other and to assess interests, skill level, and set expectations for the program. Prospective students will be notified prior to the start of class of their acceptance into the program. The teaching mentor for Loud & Clear will contact prospective students directly within 2 weeks of registration to schedule interviews for Fall 2023.